Mindfulness and Stress Resources and Research
Our Brain and Stress Responses
- Brain-In-the-palm-of-the-Hand Dr. Daniel Siegel Brain Hand Model for Parenting Education – You Tube
- Key Points about the Limbic System
- Brain Visual;l Handout
- The Neurobiology of We – Patty de Llosa
True Colors Personality Style and Workplace Stress
- Discovering True Colors
- Clash or Coordinate Long Version
- Personality Styles Handout
- Vivid Case- Copy Machine
Communication and Feedback – Ways to Reduce Stress
- Principles and Practices for Giving and Getting Effective Feedback
- Focus Feedback
- Thought Starters – Stress Awareness
- Laughter Exercises
- SMART Goals Setting Guide Sheet
- PHWS Survey Summary
- What Does Mindfulness Meditation Do to Your Brain? –
Links and Stress Reduction Exercises
- Mini Meditations to Let Go of Stress
- How to Manage Time with 10 Tips That Work
- How to Release Anger with Meditation
Resources – Emotional Freedom Technique (Tapping)
Check this section for Books, Handouts, Random Resources and Free and Easy Access Websites – And there sure is a lot out there! I am only listing things I’ve developed, materials I’ve read, or classes I have personally taken. I will also add websites from other professionals in the field.
I will add to these as we go, but here is a good starter list. Check back often!
- EFTfree.net: A community-minded, educational website dedicated to sharing the art and practice of EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques).
- Adventures in Happiness: This is Jessica Ortner’s Website.
- The Tapping Solution: This is the main website for both Nick and Jessica Ortner. This brother and sister pair also started a foundation and are paying forward in a way that impresses and inspires me. The Tapping Foundation.
- Creative EFT: Betty Moore-Hafter is my teacher and mentor; her website is a simple and powerful collection and introduction to EFT. She offers classes and certification as well.
- Tapping 101. The History and Practice of EFT: Brad Yates takes you through how EFT was developed by Gary Craig. Yates worked directly with Craig and does a fine job of explaining how EFT developed into it’s current form.
Research and Informational Articles:
- Feinstein, D. (2012). Acupoint stimulation in treating psychological disorders: Evidence of efficacy. Review of General Psychology, 16, 364-380. doi:10.1037/a0028602
- AMMET Research List – they keep fairly current
- EFT Universe Listing of Research This bibliography is extensive – more than you ever want to know!
- Reports and Clinical Trials on EFT – AAMET: Association for the Advancement of Meridian Energy Techniques is the credentialing agency for this type of energy work; they are a reliable source of clear updated information on EFT efficacy.
- Change Is Possible: EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) with Life-Sentence and Veteran Prisoners at San Quentin State Prison Hari Lubin & Tiffany Schneider
- The Treatment of Combat Trauma in Veterans Using EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques): A Pilot Protocol Dawson Church
- Robson’s recent Ugandan Study: Effectiveness of Thought Field Therapy Provided by Newly Instructed Community Workers to a Traumatized Population in Uganda: A Randomized Trial
Handouts and Templates
- The Tapping Tree Template: This is a great way to get to the details of a specific issue. Fill out one tree for any and all issues that present themselves to you. Then step back and say – Hmm – where shall I begin!
- Basic EFT Chart: This chart outlines the tapping points on the torso – and on your hand. Both access the meridians. There are meridian endpoints at the ends of your fingers, just beside the fingernail. Check out the overview handout linked here.